Thursday, August 6, 2009

Denton, TX





Last night was our going away party at the best bar I've ever known, Hailey's. It's been a great place to me over the years. Hopefully, I will find a good spot with great music and fantastic people to be the dark place I drink with friends and dance alone.

Today is my last day of work at Hannah's, the restaurant where I have worked and learned about beautiful food and wine. My dear friend and chef of Hannah's, Sheena, took excellent care of me last night. She also made these beautiful photos to chronicle the evening. This woman is one of the people that made me who I am today. She took my hand and pulled (sometimes dragged) me into the unknown world of intelligent cuisine, thoughtful friendship, abstract thought and so much more.

I could write for days about all the wonderful surprises she brought into my life, but I hope she reads this and already knows.

My friends I found in Denton are part of a family of transits and thinkers that come together in this highway town with beautiful music and eclectic tastes. Every person I met here brought something new into my life. I will never forget the town where I became me and the people that helped me grow.


There are more photos with Chris besides the one where he's jumping in and I'm telling him to get out, but even more of me DANCING!

2 comments:

  1. How come all the ones of me are with my mouth open?
    And yes dear Grace, I do know...ditto. I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey we need some updates!!!!

    ReplyDelete