Sunday, September 20, 2009

Brooklyn Brewery

What a Saturday! Chris (who asked to be referred to from now on as "Slim") and I walked to a few thrift/resale shops and then to the Brooklyn Brewery to sample some boss brews.

Slim enjoyed the Sorachi Ace, in which we correctly identified some Japanese notes, and the EIPA. I decided on the Oktoberfest and Blast, a West coast IPA.

The Oktoberfest and Sorachi Ace.

The brewery is open Saturdays and Sundays for visitors and offers a brief tour of the facility every hour. Slim was in beer heaven.

The tour was not too beer-geeky. It's a very scientific process filled with fermentation, barley and hops (oh my)!







2 comments:

  1. I want to know what you found at the thrifts?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you do! Well, I have focused most of my purchases on appropriate work attire, so I bought a black and white striped knee-length skirt and nice khaki slacks at

    http://www.angelthriftshop.org/

    They have $1 Saturdays!!! It's a great deal, obviously, and the Brooklyn store is about 10 blocks away from my apartment!

    We also went to Beacon's closet

    http://www.beaconscloset.com/

    Which you will love! It has great quality items. I can't wait for you to come up so we can go!!!

    ReplyDelete