Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Night on the Town

For dinner last night, a friend's mother came to town and took us to a fanastic Italian restaurant in Williamsburg, Il Passatore Trattoria. The spot is an unassuming, dimly-lit brick building that serves traditional Italian cuisine. Entering the small candle-lit space, a young man asked if we had reservations. We did not realize they were needed, but it wasn't a problem. After a switch of tables, we had a great spot by the window with a complimentary glass of sparkling wine for the slight inconvenience.

The food was fantastic and the service friendly (with pretty nice eye candy).

Bruschetta al pomodoro:


Insalata Mista: mixed greens with strawberries, toasted almonds, pecorino and grapes with sherry dressing.

Since I can never turn down truffle anything, my entree was the Tortelli di Zucca con olio tartufato, which was butternut squash filled tortelli pasta with butter sauce and truffle oil. I ate it all before I could grab a picture.

After entrees, I felt like I returned to the shores of Sorrento when the waiter brought us complimentary shots of limoncello. I followed it with an agreeable affogato al caffe'.

1 comment:

  1. Delitchitz. I hate it when those cafe's are disagreeable. Have to give them an especially stern swirl of my spoon Hi to chris for us.

    ReplyDelete